Wednesday, 6 July 2011

The way in which Waterhouse has painted the nymphs in 'Hylas and the Nymphs' very similar to eachother to me makes the whole image slightly more eery to me. It could suggest they are related, or just that they are of the same race and happen to look very similar by chance/their lifestyle, however it just instantly reminds me of children of the damned/village of the damned and all those images of children with a mysterious exterior surrounding in crowds.




Whilst looking at images from Children of the damned I discovered this poster that I LOVE. I just love the way its been pieced together, the colours used and how it looks overall, it really ha the retro feel to it, the way that the childrens eyes have been cut out is obviously a very simple way to piece a collage together, but I think it works really well. I think they way they've put a main image at the front and the others smaller in the background is very similar to how I've been working on my work derived from the image 'Hylas and the Nymphs', however I have just been illustrating the images using pens/pencils/paint, this is the perfect inspiration to start doing some collages based on the subject I'm working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment