Thursday, 1 September 2011

Lucy In Disguise with Nymph Masks






I recently saw the show 'from riches to rags' when it was repeated on e4. First time round I didn't take much notice, but this time I kept noticing the logo placed in the background in scenes of her store. I really love the type used and think it works really well with the idea behind the store, the expensive and vintage aspect of the clothes are portrayed in this type as it looks very elegant and retro itself.


The image of the face with mask (which obviously portrays 'Lucy' in disguise) really reminded me of the nymphs, and how they trick Hylas into the water just by the way they look, the same way in which a mask (a real one, or a metaphorical one) can trick people into doing things. Below is mask-type image I painted based on the colours which I've been using mostly throughout this brief, to signify the nymphs 'mask'. Its definitely not finished just yet though, not quite decided how that will happen yet however.


No comments:

Post a Comment