Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Comics

Okay so I've found a new obsession. Comics and graphic novels. I've always really liked how things look as sets rather than how they look as individual images and comics are exactly this, a compilation of relating images. I love them! Whilst at my dads this weekend, I also came across a few of his comics from the 1970s: 



I think everything about them is just so interesting, I love the use of the really saturated colours, the composition, but most importantly to style, they all look so retro which obviously appeals to me naturally! Similar to like in the book I found at the special collections library in MMU which featured  'Mirabelle' magazines images from the 1950's, I found the adverts particularly interesting. I want to make my own comic..

No comments:

Post a Comment