Thursday, 3 May 2012

Kat Mullen Ep cover

Kat Mullen is a singer from Manchester, she was recently looking for someone to illustrate her EP artwork, I contacted her and she was happy to have me create it. She didn't really have any ideas in mind apart from that the title would be featured, so it was really fun to create, I had complete control, the only downfall was the worry that maybe I would make it and then she wouldn't like it, but we kept in touch throughout the design process and luckily she loved it! 

It was around the time I had started my work for howkapow which I started to think of ideas, I thought it would be a good idea to use the same sort of themes so I wasn't distracted around that time by any other ideas and styles, so that I could fully focus on my ice cream themed illustrations! 

I started to sketch ideas which seemed to work well, but I wasn't sure of the layouts, or how I would execute the final design. I looked back to my most recent work and the work I most proud of, and decided creating most elements in illustrator, with hand drawn elements and type thrown in there was the best way of working for me!

The ice cream was created on illustrator, all of the type were created using ink onto paper and the dots were created using photoshop, although I love how (especially when you look close) they look hand printed, all of it was put together using photoshop. I really like how it turned out and I think it really represents my way of working well!





Kats EP is now available on amazon here !

No comments:

Post a Comment