Saturday, 31 March 2012

Trip to London at the start of March

I went to london at the start of last month, the initial reason for going was to see Florence and the Machine with my best friend Matthew who lives in london, however I decided to go up before then and stay after so was there for almost a week. It was such a good trip, I really enjoyed myself, I loved seeing Matt and also getting to spend time in london and do lots of cool things, so heres a few photos of what I got upto, and random things I saw and liked while I was there! (Excuse the bad quality of photos however as most were taken on my rubbish old phone!)

Firstly when I got there, after dropping my things off at Matts I went straight for oxford street to meet him, whilst waiting for him I saw amazing window display in selfridges for Christian Laboutins, I saw the legs and the sailor men with tattoos from across the street and actually ran over, how amazing is this? It was all moving around and made a really big impact, I'd love to make something like this, it would be awesome!








I had a whole day to kill, and as I've sort of seen most things in london I would want to see, I thought I'd go and check out the new shopping centre westfields, whilst there I had a meal on my own and then spent 2 hours reading in a book shop. I saw this book which was extremely useful! It shown one simple story told in 99 different ways, really useful when looking at creating comics or story board esque illustrations.






At the weekend we then went to go and see Florence + The Machine, it was at Alexandra Palace, such a suited location to see someone like Florence perform, watching her was like watching some sort of god, everyone was in awe! Below is the view of london from Alexandra Palace and also a photorgraph of Florence that I took which I think particularly shows her god-like aura!





On the sunday night of my stay in London I had a really nice day, me and Matt went to see Shrek the musical, which stars Kimberley Walsh from girls aloud in (which was extra exciting as me and Matt both love Girls Aloud!), which I've seen before on opening night, but it was really good, its such a feel good show to see, made us really smile. We then went for a walk down the river and for food at Pizza express, it was really nice. We then went for a walk around London which ended up with a few drinks after. Below is a photograph from our walk down the river, one of St Pauls and also one of a shop window I really liked, with the giant ice cream cones!







The next day I went to the Saatchi gallery, I always find it really difficult to be interested by things in galleries, as if its not something I'm already interested or feel an instant connection with I can be quite stubborn to try to be interested! Below are some of the things I just really liked the look of, I was instantly drawn to these, even though one (the bottom one) is actually just a poster near the shop! There was also a photography exhibition from The Times which was amazing, all the photographs were really interesting to look at, I was in my element in that room, for each photograph there was a story behind it explaining the story behind the image, I absolutely love that, how an image can tell a story, I was particularly amazed with the Amy Winehouse photograph, it got really emotional reading about it!





After going to the Saatchi Gallery I met Kimberley Walsh, that was really fun, I love girls aloud so finally meeting her after 10 years of being a fan, it was a really nice way to bring my trip to an end (almost), after that I met Matt from work and we sat in covent garden for a while, I then made my way to the train station and set off home. I always look forward to my train journeys when I'm travelling first class because its so chilled out, and it was, lovely end to a trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment